Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring is in the Air...in the Form of Snowflakes

I am, apparently, a terrible blogger. Every day I wake up thinking about what I want to write about and then before I know it the entire day is gone and all I have are three lines. I have a head full of ideas and some witty lines in the works, but there just never seem to be enough hours in the day to post them.


In the meantime, I’d just like to say that I am SO excited about spring. Although, I can’t even express my disappointment when I woke up on the first day of spring to 40 degree weather and on the second day to I woke up to snow. Snow. Seriously? Unless I can practice my new-found love of snowboarding or throw a snowball at Justin's head, I’d rather not have it. Especially when it ruins fun barbeque and outside concert plans. Thank goodness that the next day was full of sunny blue skies and not a single drop of rain…or snow. I’m ready to pack up all of my coats, my ridiculous amount of sweaters, my cute collection of scarves and, yes, even my boots, which I am slightly in love with. I’m ready for sundresses and white pants, gold flip flops and brightly-colored tops. I’m ready for green trees, waterskiing on the lake and Saturdays wasted away at the pool. Winter, I loved you, but it’s time for you to go.

I actually love the change of seasons because it’s like opening a whole new closet of clothes you forgot you had. There are few things better in life (after cake, of course) than finding a fabulous dress or pair of peep-toe heels that you forgot you had because it has been so long since you wore them. Living in Florida, I could pretty much wear my wardrobe year round. Even the nights when it was a “cold” 50 degrees we’d still put on our cute party dresses (no tights necessary) and run as quickly as possible from the car until we were inside. Living in Louisiana has given me a chance to have a “winter” wardrobe, and this season I really had fun with it, but I literally can’t wait to break out my Rainbows and my favorite denim mini.

So, welcome Spring! I can’t wait to see what fun we’re going to have together (and all the fabulous blogs I'm going to write about you). Let’s hope the snow stays away and the blue skies make a daily appearance. Here’s to longer, sunnier days and warmer, brighter outfits. And Steve Madden boots, even though I love you, it’s time to go away until at least October.

No comments:

Post a Comment