Monday, March 15, 2010

That Takes the Cake!

I’ve been hard at work on a fantastic travel post for the past three days, but a terrible realization I had on a recent trip to the refrigerator stopped me in my tracks. Everyone knows I love food. I love eating, and I typically eat more than most people would deem acceptable. Adam Richman from Man vs. Food would probably become my best friend if I ever get to meet him, which I plan to, because among my dreams is a strong desire to start my own show, Woman vs. Food.

On my birthday, which was exactly nine days ago, Justin brought home an incredible double-layered chocolatey, dreamy concoction from a local bakery. We sang happy birthday and I devoured my first slice, proclaiming it was the best cake I’d ever had (which I’m pretty sure I say after every piece of cake I eat). Justin, unlike myself, does not really eat cake, so I figured I would just eat a little then reluctantly throw the rest away so I wouldn’t be tempted to eat the whole thing. Especially considering the fact that I still have Valentine’s Day red velvet cake in the freezer waiting for me. About five days later, Justin opened the refrigerator and said “Oh my God, you’ve eaten half a cake.” Ummmm I have? I guess a little slice here and there can really add up quickly. I took that as a bad sign and decided that day to throw away my cake.

But who can throw away a perfectly delicious cake? If that is what will power is made of, then I have none, clearly. Because when I opened the refrigerator today and looked at the cake box, this is what I saw:



I’ve done it. I’ve had my cake and eaten it too. After today’s breakfast and minus two small pieces eaten by friends, I will have eaten an entire cake in nine days, foregoing the nicely cut slices I was making last week for a fork straight into the box. I think Adam would be proud, and I think a cake challenge will be the first episode of my new Travel Channel show.


1 comment:

  1. It took you 9 days??? I really expected more from you...

    ReplyDelete