Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Emerald Belle!

Today kicks off the birthday weekend of one of my favorite new friends from this chapter of my life. I was blessed and fortunate to land a position with a great company out of Fort Worth when I first made the big move to Shreveport, and despite the ups and downs it has been the perfect fit for me.  I’m thankful to this job for many reasons (i.e. I get to work from home, I’m learning lots of new things and I get to buy fun things with the money I make), but I’m mostly thankful because I met Taylor. They say that you meet people in life at certain times for certain reasons, and I am SO glad Taylor came into my life when she did. I’m pretty sure she’s my long lost kindred spirit, and there might be a slight chance that we were separated at birth (which would be cool because then it would also be my birthday weekend too!). In no particular order, here is why Taylor is awesome:


1) She makes my job MUCH more fun that it should be. I’m very happy she told me to sign up for Gchat.

2) We have the BEST conversations. It’s hard to find people that can keep up witty banter as well as Taylor can, and I think I’ve become wittier just by talking to her every day. One time we had a 2-hour conversation about all the words and phrases in the English language that we liked and hated, making up some of our own words in the process, and I think that was the best conversation ever. Eggs benny are ab fab and Ding Dong is a great name for an Asian baby.

3) She can quote the entire movie of Elf back and forth with me. And the fact that her favorite part is about the baby asparagus who is self-conscious about his pee smelling funny is super.

4) She has fabulous fashion sense, and she always gives me outfit advice. Plus, she showed me my new Steve Madden boots, and I love her for that.

5) She loves cake just as much as I do.

6) Actually, she loves all food as much as I do. A trillion brownie points there.

7) She understands my sarcasm and funny jokes through a computer. THAT is impressive.

8) She is super sweet and sent me ghost books for my birthday.

9) She sent me wigs when I didn’t have any.

10) She lets me vent about things like work, boys and when I’m having a fat day.

11) She is SO motivating. And she’s going to run a 5K with me, which is the most exciting news ever.

12) She is really pretty and has pretty hair…but not too long that it looks like she has extensions. Oh, and she is the smartest person I know. Taylor, I hope you’re getting the funny joke here.

13) We read fun blogs together. And without her I wouldn’t even have this blog.

14) We discuss dinner plans every night and help each other decide what recipes to make.

15) She still likes me even after that day when I knew about a picture of her on facebook before she did. I’m sorry that I’m such a good stalker.

16) She knows I understand why she got upset when she accidentally dropped her strawberry plant before work and it shattered everywhere. I totally would have cried too.

17) She loves books, and I LOVE books.

18) She loves quotes, and I REALLY LOVE quotes.

19) She is one of the nicest and funniest people I’ve ever met, and she always makes me smile when I’m having a crap day.



So, Mrs. Taylor Green, I hope you have the best birthday weekend ever!! I hope you get lots of fun presents (including a certain purse), eat lots of red velvet cake (and maybe even a cake ball!) and are showered with love alllllll weekend, because you definitely deserve it. Happy birthday!!!

1 comment:

  1. An entire blog post...just for me? You know I love it!

    Thank you so much for being such a wonderful friend. You are truly a "Kindred Spirit". Have a drink on Bourbon Street for me this weekend!

    xoxo,
    TG

    ReplyDelete